• Read Me First!

Welcome to K12Advantage.com. This niche forum came into existence in December 2008 and has continued to evolve since then. The goal was to create a set of forums to help bring together K-12 professionals from all over to exchange ideas.

K12Advantage.com was created to address some fundamental problems in today's social networking sites. Let it be said that Facebook and Twitter are revolutionary, but these types of sites are not well suited to long term organization and archival of information. K12Advantage hopes to blend the best of both worlds, facilitating meaningful current discussions, while at the same time keeping the discussions organized for long term reference.

K12Advantage.com is built by K12 people, for K12 people. Please join in and help us make it the best K12 site on the net!

You are currently viewing the CMS area. Be sure to check out the forums (with an extensive hierarchy) as well. For full instructions describing how to use K12Advantage.com click here or visit the documentation section.

The system includes four major components:

• Forums
    • Video / Audio / Desktop / Whiteboard / Document Sharing / Text Chat conferencing rooms.
    • Blogging
    • Content Management System

Our system provides excellent integration of all of these systems, allowing us to use the forums and blogging as seeding areas to build content in the content management system. We need your help! Post your questions and ideas, make suggestions to improve the forum structure etc...

You will notice that currently the most evolved portion of the CMS is the technology side. This is because technology is my forte. I need people from the various other departments to help build content in their respective areas. Please start blogging and posting in the forums and as the discussions evolve, you will see more content promoted to the CMS.

The structure of the site starts with the main departments in K-12: Administration, Curriculum, Facilities, Finance and Technology and finally Regional. The regional calendars are fully developed to allow users to quickly post events happening in their state / province, but the regional forum structure has not been created as I would prefer that each province / state drive the structure of how they would like to see their regional structure evolve.

Once again, welcome to the forums!

ErnestA.